Eggs! Who doesn’t love eggs? I do. So does my husband.
And we eat a lot – like 6-10 eggs A DAY a lot. But actually making eggs every morning? That’s where things get tricky. I’ll be honest. Unless I pre-make breakfast, breakfast as a meal doesn’t happen.
Coffee will happen.
But food, as in actual nourishment? Unless I can grab it and go, the only thing I will consume is the sweet, sweet caffeine nectar hitting my system.
Do I need more coffee? No. What I NEED is food. Delicious, protein first, veggie most, kind of food.
So how do I get eggs in a “grab and go” system? Simple.
Egg cups. These cups are PERFECT for mornings on the run (or even afternoons on the run). They are easy to make, easy to enjoy, packed with good stuff (protein + veggies) and easy to re-heat. You can also add sausage, bacon, turkey bacon, peppers…the sky is ALMOST the limit. Did I also mention that they are perfect for kids and babies?
My 12 month old son LOVES these (and I think you will to!). From business meetings to camping to mountain bike races, these cups go everywhere that I do, fueling my body for a day of adventure.
Eggs On the Go Breakfast Cups
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 serving
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. of spinach
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 1/c. cheese
- Salt + pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs + salt + pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Take a muffin pan; coat each muffin tin with a quick splash of cooking spray (you can also dip a cloth in olive oil and wipe each tin).
- Place spinach and mushrooms in each tin (go NUTS here).
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese (you only need a bit!)
- Place in oven; cook for about 25 minutes (check after 20).
- Set to cool for about 10 minutes.
- EAT! or…
- Portion out, wrap, and refrigerate. These cups will be delicious for about three-five days and take just seconds to warm up in the microwave.
I highly recommend serving these with salsa or hot sauce…but you do you! Just remember to enjoy!