I am a mason jar kind of gal.
I was a mason jar gal BEFORE it was hip to be a mason jar gal – back before Pinterest made it the go-to hipster
Mason jars and mom life go together like, well:
camping + storytelling
fast food + fast friends
mountain biking + whiskey
oatmeal + peaches
chocolate + peanut butter
What’s not to love? A fantastic, simple, (almost) unbreakable container that makes meal prepping a breeze.
And it is the mason jar that has made my breakfast as a busy, mountain mama possible.
My favorite breakfast treat? Overnight oats.
Make in advance? Check.
Great for days? Check.
No cooking required? Check.
Healthy, filling, and delicious? Daaaaannnnggggggg….
These oats are gooey, yummy, deliciously decadent (did I also mention that the are gluten free, vegetarian, and jam packed with protein and nutrients? Rockin’!) I usually make a big batch, section out my mason jars, and “bam” – breakfast for the next 7 days is served.
You can DO ANYTHING with some over night oats – from world domination to that pre-dawn workout.
And the best part? This recipe is completely interchangeable. You can interchange any fruits, sweeteners, or nuts based on your preference. For that protein kick, I add a scoop of Shakeology. If you do not yet have this amazingly fabulous protein cup of joy, you can order it here. You can also omit it from the recipe (but note the protein in your oats will decrease substantially and it won’t taste as awesomely vanilla-y).
I will add that I often mix it up with dark chocolate and peanut butter…
Vanilla + Peach Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds + Almonds
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/2 c. Bob’s Red Mill, Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 c. Almond milk (more if you like our oatmeal runny)
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium peach
- dash of salt
- Honey or agave nectar to taste
- Combine oats, chia seeds, salt, and Shakeology in a bowl; mix well.
- Add almond milk, honey (if desired), and extract; mix.
- Pour mixture into your favorite mason jar and seal.
- Place jar in the refrigerator and allow to soak over night.
- In the morning, open your jar, toss in your peaches and top with almonds.
Take back breakfast, loves! And start the day with a yummy and nutritious BANG.